[lucerna] The Lord's New Church: Forums for Discussion

Michael David michael@newearth.org
Sun May 19 03:38:19 HST 2002

Dear Friends,

Part of the distinctive thought of the Lord's New Church
which is Nova Hierosolyma has been the concept of the
"ascending line." In the past, this idea has taken form in
discussion groups and councils, whose role has been to
discover and consider what people in the church are seeing
in their reading and following of the Lord's Word. This
process aims to serve the church by further developing the
Doctrine that we have begun to draw from the Word.

Last year a group of members of the Philadelphia Society met
and agreed to hold further meetings on the topic of "the
Leading Theses propounded in De Hemelsche Leer," which you
can read online at
http://novahierosolyma.org/handbook/1932____.php .

This group will be meeting again at the home of Luken and
Dawn Potts, at 7:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 26, 2002. Anyone in
the Philadelphia area who embraces the ideas in those
"Leading Theses" is welcome to attend that meeting, or to
participate online, as described below in this present
message.

Notes from that meeting will be published on the "Lucerna"
e-mail discussion group. That e-mail list is open to any
person, anywhere in the world, who is interested in the
ideas in those "Leading Theses" and is intended for the
discussion and development of doctrine. In this way, we hope
to expand our discussion to include interested people
everywhere in the world.

Please feel free to send your thoughts to "Lucerna" at any
time, whether or not they are related to another current
discussion. Messages to that list must come from a
subscribed e-mail address, so please subscribe, using the
web page mentioned below, before sending messages.

If you are already subscribed to the Lucerna list, you will
receive a copy of this present message, at your subscribed
e-mail address, with the tag "[lucerna]" in the subject
line, and you will also receive instructions at the
beginning of each calendar month, that remind you how to use
our website to make changes in your subscription, view the
membership list, or read the archives.

If you are not subscribed to Lucerna and would like to be,
please sign up at the following web page:

We also have an e-mail discussion list called "Reform." It
is for the discussion of issues related to the visible and
practical life of the Lord's New Church as an organization
(one could say that "Reform" is concerned with the
"descending line" and "Lucerna" with the "ascending line").

If you are already subscribed to the Reform list, you will
receive a copy of this present message, at your subscribed
e-mail address, with the tag "[reform]" in the subject line,
and you will also receive instructions at the beginning of
each calendar month, that remind you how to use our website
to make changes in your subscription, view the membership
list, or read the archives.

If you are not subscribed to Reform and would like to be,
please sign up at the following web page:

Anyone requiring technical assistance with any service
offered at my websites should write to: help@newearth.org,
where it will be forwarded to our technical-assistance
volunteers.

Finally, I would like to note that the Rev. Dushan Sever
took some pictures of our "Snacks Across the Tracks" event,
and these are available for viewing at:

http://novahierosolyma.org/2002/snacks

Yours,
Michael

--
Michael V. David, Operator, NewEarth Swedenborg BBS
Parens anxia delenda est.