[lucerna] Lucerna discussion

Fri Jun 9 07:38:04 HST 2006

Your right. My apologies. My frustration on trying to relate to
Swedenborgian priests is telling. Instead of answering on point, I get pithy
manner and I promise it won't happen again.

The Word was written in Latin upon the Cross by Pilate. The significance is
that the Writings were written in Latin. I am familiar with the drill. The
Hierosolyma's from what I understand believe that there is a hidden meaning
in the Writings and the work is to try and understand what that meaning
could be.

>From that premise it follows that you must investigate the Latin and find
this hidden meaning. You need to investigate the principles of your own
teachings and the Writings. "59. With these people the first thing is, that
out of the Word's literal sense they procure for themselves Doctrine, thus
they light for themselves a lamp, in order to progress further; moreover,
after the Doctrine has been procured, and a lamp thus lit, out of that they
see the Word." It is this excersize upon which I engaged and have taught for
4 years. All of the references to CALAM* in the Latin search engine are in
ERROR all Biblical scholars agree. This is on purpose, so that it can be
later "revealed". This term is the key.

>From Apocalypse Explained 627 But that "they placed a reed in the Lord's
hand and afterwards smote His head with it" signifies that they falsified
Divine truth or the Word, and made an utter mockery of the understanding of
truth and of Divine wisdom, a "reed" signifying falsity in what is most
external (as above), and "to smite the head" signifying to reject and mock
at the understanding of truth and Divine wisdom, which is what "the head of
the Lord" signifies; and in "giving the Lord vinegar to drink," which
signifies what is falsified, they placed a sponge filled with it on a
"reed," which signifies falsity in what is most external, which is falsity
sustaining. *

Your brother in the Anointed, literally

"Greg"