[lucerna] Lucerna discussion

Fri Jun 9 08:07:15 HST 2006

Another quote to amplify the fact that CALAM* in the Latin of Emanuel
Swedenborg is in ERROR for KNH in the Hebrew Word: From Apocalypse Revealed
904 states that the literal Word cannot be understood in the Greek.
Interesting concept, eh? This is has been the most difficult of all in my
investigation of this mystery. That the Word in the Greek calamus is also in
ERROR. This can be confirmed by comparing the quotes in the Gospels where
CALAM* is presented as a correct translation for KNH in the Hebrew when the
Hebrew scriptures are quoted. A very real mind twist that completely
overwhelmed me at the time. My work deals with this revelation. Only the a
falsity can be used to strike the Lord because He is the Divine Truth in
ultimates. The very fact that there is a falsity in the Word actually proves
the Divinity of the Word. On and on it goes. My work is to show the true
meaning of KNH in the Word and this is what the Swedenborgians will come to
acknowledge. When this occurs the literal and spiritual meaning of the Word
will be revealed. The future state is described in Rev. 14: 6, 7 as the
anouncement. The Lord will be seen then in the 'sitting upon the clouds'
with a scythe in His hand and wearing a golden crown. Rev. 14:14.

As far as my intelligence is concerned though, my work can be judged whether
the 'illumination and illustration' of the Lord alone is upon me or not.
Tell me, is Jesus the Anointed? literally?

904. Verse 15. And he that spoke with me had a golden reed to measure the
city and the gates thereof and the wall thereof, signifies that there is
given by the Lord to those who are in the good of love the faculty of
understanding and knowing what the quality of Lord's New Church is, as to
doctrine and its introductory truths, and as to the Word from which they
are. And "he that spake with me," signifies the Lord speaking out of heaven,
because he was one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, mentioned
above (verse 9), by whom is meant the Lord speaking out of heaven (n. 895);
by "a reed" is signified power or faculty from the good of love, by "a reed"
power or faculty (n. 485), and by "gold" the good of love (n. 211, 726); by
"measuring" is signified to know the quality of a thing, consequently to
understand and know (n. 486). By "the city," which was the holy Jerusalem,
is signified the church as to doctrine (n. 879-880); by "gates" are
signified the knowledges of truth and good from the sense of the letter of
the Word, which from the spiritual life in them are truths and goods (n.
899); and by "a wall" is signified the Word, in the sense of the letter,
from which they are (n. 898). Hence it is evident that by "he that spoke
with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and
the wall thereof," is signified that there is given by the Lord to those who
are in the good of love, the faculty of understanding and knowing what is
the quality of the Lord's New Church, as to doctrine and its introductory
truths, and as to the Word from which they are. [2] That these things are
signified cannot be seen at all in the sense of the letter, for in this it
only appears that an angel who was speaking with John had a golden reed to
measure the city, its gates, and wall; but, nevertheless, that another
sense, which is spiritual, is contained in these words, is plain from this,
that by "the city Jerusalem" is not meant any city, but the church,
wherefore all things which are said of Jerusalem as a city signify such
things as relate to the church, and all things relating to the church are in
themselves spiritual. Such a spiritual sense is also contained in what is
said above, where these words occur:
And there was given unto me a reed, like unto a staff, and the angel stood,
saying, Arise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that
adore therein (Rev. 11:1). There is also a like spiritual sense in all the
things which the angel "measured with a reed" (in Ezekiel, chapter 40-48).
And likewise in these words in Zechariah:
I lifted up mine eyes and saw, and behold, a man, with a measuring line in
his hand. And I said, Whither goest thou? who said unto me, To measure
Jerusalem, to see what is the breadth thereof, and what is the length
thereof (Zech. 2:1-2). Yea such a spiritual sense is in all things of the
tabernacle, and in all things of the temple in Jerusalem, the measures of
which we read, and also in the measures themselves; and yet nothing of them
can be seen in the sense of the letter.

Your brother in the Anointed, literally

"Greg"