[lucerna] JESUS as CHRIST

Sat Jun 10 03:26:33 HST 2006

Well, my first reaction to this message was: "What is the arcanum contained
in Greg's writing that 'the "priesthood" for the New Church has not yet been
established?'" Since you chose to refer to the Robert Hindmarsh story
(reported by Elmo Acton) on the one hand, and here refer to anointment with
the "'oil' of Moses" on the other hand, I take it that you object to the
idea of the New Church Movement (so that it encompasses five or so branches)
claiming to have a "priesthood" when the members of that "priesthood" have
not been ordained (anointed) with the "'oil' of Moses." Is that meant to
suggest that all acts performed by so-called "priests" over the 200+ year
life of the New Church Movement have been in vain spiritually?

A second question that comes to my mind for you is: "The fact that you are
emphasizing the anointing of Jesus--which is the Hebrew identity of THE
CHRIST, if you will allow me to say it that way--does this in any way lead
us away from the importance of Jesus as 'The Christ'?"

Regards, Alan