[lucerna] aclimatizing to the terminology

Sat Jun 10 06:39:55 HST 2006

My encounters with Swedenborgians always ends with these types of 'blind'
statements. You state that the Lord was anointed with 'Palm reeds'. So what?
You then go on to state that no serious New Church man doubts that the Lord
did everything that the law of Moses required. Yes they do. That is exactly
what my frustration in dealing with those who have been educated in the
Writings is caused by. You honestly believe that you are on point. You are
not on point. The law of Moses specifically states as do the Writings that
all priests are required to be anointed with the 'oil' to be 'ordained' and
'sanctified'. When you dismiss this concept as so what. You deny the Word
and affirm the doctrine of Korah. He wore the ephod and had a censor
therefore Korah and his 250 followers were priests.

You who are educated in the Writings state that there is no error in
translation. The Writings themselves which I quoted specifically state that
there is. The term CALAM* all Biblical scholars are in agreement is in error
for KNH BSM in Exodus 30:23. If New Church priests were interested in being
obedient to the Word and the Writings and the doctrines that established the
Christian Church you would know what the literal Word means. The Word is
Divine.

>From the Arcana Coelestia 9954 (1) “It is of interest to know what is
implied in all this, since anointing has remained in practice from ancient
times down to the present day (monarchs are anointed), and anointing is held
to be holy today in just the same way as it was in former times.” 9475,
9954, 10249 & 10267

My purpose here on this siite is to educate those who are called to serve
His New Church on the revelation of the literal Word that is spoken of in
the Writings. I have encountered mockery consistently when doing this work.
How you and the 'virtual priests' of the New Church define antichrist is not
pertinent. The term means those who are anti anointed. If you portray
yourself to men as one who is called by the Lord to do His work according to
His Word you had better know and understand what it means, literally. This
is not a joke or a circus. It is time to get with the program. When you mock
the Word you mock Him.

Your brother in the Anointed, literally

"Greg"