[lucerna] David vs Goliath

Mon Jun 26 11:42:07 HST 2006

Dear  Alan,

Whoa! I was not expecting this!

You have a babe in arms here, expected to fight with a  Goliath of the church!

Okay, if I must. So to respond:

"I must say, David Chambers, that I am somewhat troubled  when you castigate
Stephen Burleigh for exhibiting reservations about Leon,  saying "and then
deny (through implication) that Leon isn't regenerated, I  wonder if you
realise that you are actually deciding for the Lord who is in  genuine
truths, and therefore claiming His Divinity for yourself?" While  that is
what you say about Stephen's negative stance, what about your own  POSITIVE
stance by claiming for yourself to judge that Leon IS regenerate:  is that
not "actually deciding for the Lord who is in genuine truths, and  therefore
claiming His Divinity for yourself?"

No, (and I'm surprised to have to remind you of  this):
AC2588 [2]  There it was stated that  there are two basic attitudes of mind
from which people think, the negative and the  affirmative; also that they
think from a negative attitude who  believe nothing unless they are convinced by
rational considerations and by  facts, and indeed by sensory evidence, whereas
those people think from an  affirmative attitude who believe that things are
true because the Lord has said  so in the Word and who thus have faith in the
Lord.

To which I quote Stephen's own quote from the  Writings:

Henceforth the spiritual sense of  the Word will be imparted solely to him
who from the Lord is in genuine  truths

I take, from an affirmative attitude, that the spiritual  sense of the Word
will be imparted to someone "because the Lord has  said so in the Word and who
thus have faith in the Lord".

I haven't decided for  the Lord who is in genuine truths, and therefore
claimed His Divinity for  myself, because I stated quite clearly in my penultimate
posting:  "and then examine it closely for  validity".

But has any of us done this yet? Instead, we have  prejudged it not to be the
truth, because as Stephen claims: "Everything I colorized, bolded, and
underlines applies  to all of us in my mind... The Divine Truths in the Lord's Word
of the Third Testament apply to everyone as I see it, including the  angels
of heaven.", leaving no one, not ever, able to fulfil the  prophecy of the
Lord:  Henceforth  the spiritual sense of the Word will be imparted.

Dead centre in the forehead, I think, Alan?

David R.  Chambers.