[lucerna] 'neo-stone age spirituality

Wed Jun 28 07:12:17 HST 2006

Alan you agreed with David that:

>Certainly we attempt “to impart [our] information to others,” but I think
>it is perfectly natural that others will receive information cautiously
>(without that being negativity).  To adopt this cautious approach, to have
>a reserved “affirmative attitude,” is NOT the same thing as “never
>allow[ing] the possibility of the Lord's prophecy ever to be fulfilled.” I
>feel you ‘protesteth’ too vigorously. Alan

You will agree that the discussion goes to the mystery, "57. III. That
genuine truth, which will be of doctrine, does not appear in the sense of
the letter of the Word to others than those who are in illustration from the
Lord. [...]

The Divine Truth is the Anointed One. The Divine Goodness is Jesus. Until
one understand that there is a genuine truth that literally provides support
to this Divine Truth the revelation of the Second Coming cannot be
comprehended. And neither can the hidden spiritual meaning of the Writings
in their depth. This discussion has been active in the 'New Church' since
the '30s and still the literal Word is hidden. The most frustrating of all
my encounters with 'New Church' priests is the attitude that the literal
Word is understood or if not then the literal Word can never be
comprehended. The most basic fundamental literal truth is not known. "Our
Father who art in Heaven, hallowed by thy name" ...Jesus Christ... In
Matthew, "If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much
more shall they call them of His household? Fear them not therefore: for
there is nothing covered that shall not be revealed; and hid that shall not
be made known." x. 25, 26. Interesting prophesy isn't it? But on point and
comprehendable when one understands the literal, genuine truth of the name;
Jesus the Anointed, and then acts upon the literal, genuine truth of His
name.

Unless a man learns, that is, receives truths, good cannot flow in, so that
the man cannot become spiritual, no. 3387 Further in the Doctrine of the
Sacred Scriptures: 56. It may be supposed that the doctrine of genuine truth
can be acquired by means of the spiritual sense of the Word which is
obtained through a knowledge of correspondences. Doctrine, however, is not
acquired by such means, but only illustrated and corroborated. For as was
stated above in No. 26 no one comes into the spiritual sense of the Word by
means of correspondences unless he is first in genuine truths from doctrine.

You received the Doctrine of Divine Truth. Are you in the Doctrine of Divine
Truth and thereby in genuine truth? Can anyone possibly be in the Doctrine
of Genuine Truth without acknowledging and understanding the literal,
genuine name of God? In Jesus the Anointed who is Father, Son and Holy
Spirit now and forever and ever. Amen.

Your newly 'ordained' and 'sanctified' by the command of the Lord Jesus the
Anointed on June 19th, and thereby elevated from being adjoined to the
office of prophet, your humble servant,

Rt. Rev. Gregory Karl Davis
Universal Orthodox Church for the Georgia diocese United States of America