[lucerna] [L] RE: Jewish Church & LNC

Wed Jul 5 15:42:22 HST 2006

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Alan Longstaff wrote:

> Since this is on Lucerna, even though I don't want to confuse the issue,
> there is something here that takes me back to Greg's CONCERN about being
> very clear about specific words like "CALAM*". Alan

Hi Alan,

I'm not completely sure what you mean exactly. I'm not offering it as
"hair-splitting" semantic issue (to use Barrie's language about what we
are doing on Relform). Why would I do that? You know my interests and
level of thinking.

The issue is substantive and socially sensitive. It will impact the New
Church for centuries to come -- depending on how that issue is handled.

Have you seen my (partly auto-biographical) article on the issue of
anti-semitism in the Writings?

Anti-semitism and Holocaust Theology
http://www.soc.hawaii.edu/leonj//anti-semitism.htm

Aloha,