[lucerna] nothing "substantive," always "socially sensitive"

Thu Jul 6 07:47:05 HST 2006

I said I did want to be a distraction: I guess it was my knee-jerk reaction
to seeing the discussion shift to Lucerna. I really intended nothing and
should have remained silent. Best wishes, Alan

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Alan Longstaff wrote:
On Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Alan Longstaff wrote:

>Since this is on Lucerna, even though I don't want to confuse the issue,
>there is something here that takes me back to Greg's CONCERN about being
>very clear about specific words like "CALAM*". Alan

Hi Alan, I'm not completely sure what you mean exactly. I'm not offering it
as
"hair-splitting" semantic issue (to use Barrie's language about what we
are doing on Relform). Why would I do that? You know my interests and
level of thinking.

The issue is substantive and socially sensitive. It will impact the New
Church for centuries to come -- depending on how that issue is handled.

Have you seen my (partly auto-biographical) article on the issue of
anti-semitism in the Writings?

Anti-semitism and Holocaust Theology
http://www.soc.hawaii.edu/leonj//anti-semitism.htm

Aloha, Leon